Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/27 05:32:55 UTC

Kafka Cluster WITHOUT Zookeeper

Hello  Kafka experts

Is there a way where we can have Kafka Cluster be functional serving
producers and consumers without having Zookeeper cluster manage the
instance .

Any particular version of kafka for this or how can we achieve this please

Re: Kafka Cluster WITHOUT Zookeeper

Posted by "Brebner, Paul" <Pa...@netapp.com.INVALID>.
David, hi, interesting thanks! Paul

From: David Arthur <da...@confluent.io.INVALID>
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 2:37 am
To: Paul.Brebner@netapp.com.invalid <Pa...@netapp.com.invalid>
Cc: users@kafka.apache.org <us...@kafka.apache.org>, dev@kafka.apache.org <de...@kafka.apache.org>, mmcfarland@cavulus.com <mm...@cavulus.com>, Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>, ranlupovich@gmail.com <ra...@gmail.com>, scanterog@gmail.com <sc...@gmail.com>, showuon@gmail.com <sh...@gmail.com>, sunilmchaudhari05@gmail.com <su...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Kafka Cluster WITHOUT Zookeeper
NetApp Security WARNING: This is an external email. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Paul, thanks for the articles. It's great to see someone digging into
KRaft! It would be interesting to see your experiments against a newer
version of KRaft, such as 3.4.0. Also, we hope to improve on the maximum
number of partitions with the addition of
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-868+Metadata+Transactions
which is likely to land in Kafka 3.5.0.

Cheers,
David

--
-David

Re: Kafka Cluster WITHOUT Zookeeper

Posted by "Brebner, Paul" <Pa...@netapp.com.INVALID>.
David, hi, interesting thanks! Paul

From: David Arthur <da...@confluent.io.INVALID>
Date: Wednesday, 29 March 2023 at 2:37 am
To: Paul.Brebner@netapp.com.invalid <Pa...@netapp.com.invalid>
Cc: users@kafka.apache.org <us...@kafka.apache.org>, dev@kafka.apache.org <de...@kafka.apache.org>, mmcfarland@cavulus.com <mm...@cavulus.com>, Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>, ranlupovich@gmail.com <ra...@gmail.com>, scanterog@gmail.com <sc...@gmail.com>, showuon@gmail.com <sh...@gmail.com>, sunilmchaudhari05@gmail.com <su...@gmail.com>

Posted by David Arthur <da...@confluent.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com>.
This is really great information Paul . Thank you .

Posted by Kafka Life <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Arthur <da...@confluent.io.INVALID>.

From: Chia-Ping Tsai <ch...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, 27 March 2023 at 5:37 pm
To: dev@kafka.apache.org <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Cc: users@kafka.apache.org <us...@kafka.apache.org>, mmcfarland@cavulus.com <mm...@cavulus.com>, Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>, ranlupovich@gmail.com <ra...@gmail.com>, scanterog@gmail.com <sc...@gmail.com>, showuon@gmail.com <sh...@gmail.com>, sunilmchaudhari05@gmail.com <su...@gmail.com>
NetApp Security WARNING: This is an external email. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

hi

You can use the keyword “kraft” to get the answer by google or chatgpt. For example:

Introduction:
[cid:D2303B39-124B-4ED7-AB61-543877C8EDA8]
KRaft - Apache Kafka Without ZooKeeper<https://developer.confluent.io/learn/kraft/>
developer.confluent.io<https://developer.confluent.io/learn/kraft/>

QuickStart:
[cid:34B4EB39-F8C4-4894-BC51-1DF85E735F3F]

Posted by Chia-Ping Tsai <ch...@gmail.com>.
hi

You can use the keyword “kraft” to get the answer by google or chatgpt. For
example:

Introduction:

[![developer-thumbnail.jpg](cid:D2303B39-124B-4ED7-AB61-543877C8EDA8)
---
| [KRaft - Apache Kafka Without
ZooKeeper](https://developer.confluent.io/learn/kraft/)[developer.confluent.io](https://developer.confluent.io/learn/kraft/)
---
](https://developer.confluent.io/learn/kraft/)

QuickStart:

[![apache-kafka.png](cid:34B4EB39-F8C4-4894-BC51-1DF85E735F3F)
---

Posted by Chia-Ping Tsai <ch...@gmail.com>.
hi