Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch> on 2009/08/18 09:58:00 UTC

How can i load my css

Hi *,

i would like to add a css-class to my div to display a background image.
So i've added this to css

my.css
div.myimg {
    background: url("navi_items.gif") no-repeat;
    width: 12px;
    height: 10px;
    cursor: pointer;
}

The navi_items.gif is located in
- webapp
    - WEB-INF
    - webresources
       - my.css
       - navi_items.gif

If i add this to my HomePage.html
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="webresources/my.css"
type="text/css" media="all" />
everything works fine.

But with the following code in my HomePage i get the error message below

HomePage.java
public HomePage() {
  // add .. for every package level of Application to come to
application root
  add(HeaderContributor.forCss(new
CompressedResourceReference("../../../webresources/my.css")));
}

error-message
ERROR - SharedResources            -
ERROR - SharedResources            - Your path looks like:
../../../webresources/my.css
ERROR - SharedResources            - For security reasons moving up
'../' is disabled by default. Please see
ERROR - SharedResources            -
IResourceSettings.getParentFolderPlaceholder() and PackageResourceGuard
for more details
ERROR - SharedResources            -
WARN  - PackageResource            - Unable to find package resource
[path = webresources/my.css, style = null, locale = null]

Setting the parentFolderPlaceholder to $up$ and use
"$up$/$up$/$up$/webresources/my.css" solved the error message display
but the css
is still not loaded.

This was formerly working (wicket1.3.6). With wicket-1992 and
wicket1.3.7 it was disabled. But how can i load my css now?

Cheers
Per

Re: How can i load my css

Posted by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.
Now i've upgraded to 1.4. I changed the resource ref from CompressedRR
to ContextRelativeResource. Css is found now. But the images loaded with
url("xy.gif") defined in css are not loaded. They always tried to be got
from the Application scope
(org.apachahe.wicket.Application/webresources/xy.gif). This is not
existing and i get no image.

Is noone loading images from css? Do i realy have to split my css into
multiple?

Thanks
Per

Re: How can i load my css

Posted by Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.
Major Péter schrieb:
> I guess, you could do something like this:
> add(HeaderContributor.forCss(new
> CompressedResourceReference(((WebRequest)
> getRequest()).getHttpServletRequest().getContextPath() +
> "/webresources/my.css")));
> but this isn't a nice way to do it...

That was my thought to. But it seems to be recommened to work with the
ResourceGuard. The simples way seems to reopen  the old possibilities by
adding the $up$
property. But it's not working as i did it. Is there an example on that?
> Upgrading to a newer version has always benefits. ;)

And many effort (generics :O)
> Regards,
Thanks
Per

Re: How can i load my css

Posted by Major Péter <ma...@sch.bme.hu>.
I guess, you could do something like this:
add(HeaderContributor.forCss(new
CompressedResourceReference(((WebRequest)
getRequest()).getHttpServletRequest().getContextPath() +
"/webresources/my.css")));
but this isn't a nice way to do it...

Upgrading to a newer version has always benefits. ;)

Regards,
Peter

//maybe you could also use an own HeaderContributor, or the
<wicket:head> tags to solve your problem somehow.

Re: How can i load my css

Re: How can i load my css

Posted by "Haulyn R. Jason" <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I tried this line below in my application.java init(){
resourceFolder.add("/home/haulynjason/workspace/wicketproject/web/css");
}

and everything works well.

I do not familiar with wicket 1.3, I test this with wicket 1.4. Hope this
should help.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 4:27 PM, Per Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch> wrote:

> Haulyn R. Jason schrieb:
>
>> Hi, I didn't use this style, but I leave my css in resources folder, and
>> use
>> the following code
>> here:add(CSSPackageResource.getHeaderContribution(AbstractWebPage.class,
>> "resources/base.css"));
>>
>> everything works well.
>>

> Thanks for reply Haulyn,
>
> i can't find a CssPackageResource in 1.3.7
> If i use the class scope i have to put my css-file beside my HomePage
> class. I would like to avoid this.
> I would like to use a big "Application folder" for all css, img and so on.
>
> I hope there is a solution.
>

> Cheers
> Per

------------------