Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ian Lim <ma...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2002/03/10 03:19:25 UTC

Maven bootstrap error

Hi

if maven shows up with the error below:

C:\src\kief\jakarta-turbine-maven\build-bootstrap.xml:85:
java.lang.Exception: No
class name for node 'description': This may be resolved by adding a
className attribute

You can delete off the crimson.jar parser in ANT_HOME\lib
and replace it with a Xerces parser. In my case, I use xerces-1.4.3.jar.

And the whole thing works like a charm again :)

Regards
Ian Lim
=====================
Email: mailto:mallim_sg@yahoo.com.sg
Homepage: http://www.webappcabaret.com/mallim

Posted by Kief Morris <ki...@bitbull.com>.
Ian Lim typed the following on 10:19 AM 3/10/2002 +0800
>if maven shows up with the error below:
>
>C:\src\kief\jakarta-turbine-maven\build-bootstrap.xml:85:
>java.lang.Exception: No
>class name for node 'description': This may be resolved by adding a
>className attribute
>
>You can delete off the crimson.jar parser in ANT_HOME\lib
>and replace it with a Xerces parser. In my case, I use xerces-1.4.3.jar.

Woohoo, thanks for this. I got stuck on this last week but nobody on dev
had an answer. Your fix works for me.

Kief