Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann <mn...@mosaic-ag.com> on 2000/12/11 17:46:20 UTC

document type

Hi there,

now I have the following problem. I have already constructed a complex DOM
tree which I want to print several times according to different documenttypes
slightly modifying it each time. So I have to change the DocumentType node
each time. How can I do this without reimporting/reconstructing it each time?
There is no setDocumentType(). replaceChild()/insertBefore() always throws an
exception HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR
--
Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann

MOSAIC SOFTWARE AG
Base Development and Research
Tel +49-2225-882-291
Fax +49-2225-882-201
E-mail: mne@mosaic-ag.com

Re: document type

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.
There is no editing allowed on DocumentType nodes according to the DOM
specifications. So, for now you have to reimport/reconstruct the tree each time.

Regards,
Khaled Noaman
XML Parser Dev.- IBM Toronto Lab
knoaman@ca.ibm.com