Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Praveen DS <pr...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/30 13:44:12 UTC

Scalability of subversion

Hi,
I want to use subversion for two of my projects, one of  which has some 6000
image files ( in one directory).  Can you provide me some data on the
scalability of subversion in terms of
Number of  Users, Number of Projects, Number of files and Project labels?

Regards
Praveen

Re: Scalability of subversion

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 11/30/05, Praveen DS <pr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to use subversion for two of my projects, one of  which has some
> 6000 image files ( in one directory).  Can you provide me some data on the
> scalability of subversion in terms of
> Number of  Users, Number of Projects, Number of files and Project labels?

http://subversion.tigris.org/testimonials.html is a good start.  One project
I don't think is listed there that is using SVN is KDE.  That's a very, very
large open source project.

Most development projects won't have 6000 files in one directory; folks tend
to organize their files into a logical directory heirarchy.