Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Pyeatt, John" <jo...@berbee.com> on 2006/04/26 00:35:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed by Tomcat app server.

I am working with a customer with the following basic configuration. They are running Apache 1.3.33 and make heavy used of mod_include.

A new project has come up that uses J2EE web applications. Our intent was to have Apache forward requests for .jsp to Tomcat 5 (running on a separate server) via mod_jk.The JSP-generated response would include SSI directives which would subsequently be processed by mod_include on httpd just prior to heading out the wire back to the browser.

I suspect the short answer is "you can't do that". If it can be done I would appreciate any guidance with httpd.conf configuration that would work.

If the answer is "you can't do that in Apache 1.3.*, but you can in Apache 2.*" then I can investigate that option.

I understand the configuration I am talking about is very goofy. The reason for goofiness would take pages to explain and besides, if everything were simple, we'd all be out of work.

John Pyeatt
Berbee Information Networks
Phone: 608-288-3000
Cell: 608-658-0871
Email: pyeatt@berbee.com

Re: [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed by Tomcat app server.

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Tuesday 25 April 2006 23:35, Pyeatt, John wrote:

> If the answer is "you can't do that in Apache 1.3.*, but you can in Apache
> 2.*" then I can investigate that option.

That's exactly the answer.

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed by Tomcat app server.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/25/06, Pyeatt, John <jo...@berbee.com> wrote:

> If the answer is "you can't do that in Apache 1.3.*, but you can in Apache 2.*" then I can investigate that option.

That is exactly the type of thing that filters in 2.x where designed
to do.  So theoretically, the sentence above is exactly correct.  But
I haven't tried this precise scenario myself.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed by Tomcat app server.

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
Luc I. Suryo wrote:

> hope this could help other
>
> Apache 2.0.54 (Unix / Solaris)
> tomcat 5.0.28 (Unix / Solaris)
>
> module installed: mod_jk2, allowing us to pass certain directories that
> are j2eee/java program back to Tomcat..

Note that mod_jk2 is deprecated.

Joost

Re: [users@httpd] Trying to get SSI directives processed after request has been processed by Tomcat app server.

Posted by "Luc I. Suryo" <lu...@suryo.com>.
hope this could help other

Apache 2.0.54 (Unix / Solaris)
tomcat 5.0.28 (Unix / Solaris)

module installed: mod_jk2, allowing us to pass certain directories that
are j2eee/java program back to Tomcat..(tomcat is on the back-end in a
dmz). So traffice for http://wwww.xxxx.com/data_scores/ is then handled
by Tomcat on port 8231, works well.

Our workers2.properties looks like this:

[channel.socket:10.0.0.1:8231]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=10.0.0.1:8231

[uri:/data_scores/*]
info=Map the whole webapp for data_scores

as you can see pretty easy,

check : http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/

-ls