Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Angus Lees <gu...@switchonline.com.au> on 2001/05/24 05:47:12 UTC

Re: Dynamic Tables NOT not working if using an array that does NOT start with and index of 0 (zero) or uses non sequential integers in the index

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:52:50PM -0700, Michael George III wrote:
> Dynamic Tables are NOT working if using an array that does not start with
> and index of 0 (zero) or uses non sequential integers in the index.

> [- @v[0] = "hello,";
>    @v[2] = "world,";
> -]

> I didn't find anything in the docs that stated arrays had to begin with
> element zero and had to be sequentially numbered integers :)

from HTML::Embperl(3):

       $tabmode = 1
           End table looping when any one of the expressions in
           the table row using $row returns undefined. The row
           containing the undefined expression is not displayed.
           Only those expressions are observed which contain an
           access to the variable $row.

if you really wanted to do this, you could do:

 [- $maxrow = @v; $tabmode = 4; -]

and then do something intelligent when $v[$row] is undefined.

--
 - Gus