Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dipesh Patel <Di...@Enuncia.com> on 2000/08/03 20:13:14 UTC

NES 3.6.X, NES4.X and Tomcat 3.1 Integration problem on NT

Hi Gal,

I am having a very hard time to make Tomcat 3.1 work with any of the
Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6.X or NES4.X web servers on NT4.0 or
Windows2000.  Both Tomcat and any of the Netscape web servers stated above
start up successfully but I cannot access the web site at all.  This applies
to content served by both the web server and tomcat.  The error message I
get in the Netscape error file is:

[03/Aug/2000:10:21:05] config (  390): for host 127.0.0.1 trying to GET
/examples/, func_exec reports: no handler function given for directive
[03/Aug/2000:10:27:11] config (  390): for host 127.0.0.1 trying to GET /,
func_exec reports: no handler function given for directive

What does this error mean?  And how do I get around this problem?  I need to
make this work as soon as possible.  Otherwise, I'll have to select a
commercial product for our application server which I am really really
againt.  Please help!!!

Also note that I've tried compling the dll as well as downloading the binary
for NT.  And I get the same error message.

I am having this problem only on the NT platform.  For solaris, NES4.0 and
Tomcat 3.1 works like a charm.

I've attached the Netscape's configuration files for you to look at.

Dipesh V. Patel

 <<magnus.conf>>  <<obj.conf>>