Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by 😉 Good Guy 😉 <xf...@hotmail.com> on 2021/10/23 00:06:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Choosing Windows platfrorm

On 22/10/2021 23:30, Paxton Scott wrote:
> Nick,
> I apologize, but I do not understand what 'requirements' you are wanting.
> Currently running fine on WHS2011.  Any benefit to switching to
> Windows 10 Pro?
> The only 'requirements' I understand is it must run Apache 2.4.x.
> Help me out here.  What are you looking for?

Is this for development work or is it for production environment?

If it is for development then it makes no difference what you use as
long as you can continue doing what you are currently doing. For
production then you need a proper server with security
properly/correctly configured.

I use Windows 11 for my development work if this is of any interest to
anybody here!!.

Good luck.

--

With over 1.4 billion devices now running Windows 10/11, customer

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Choosing Windows platfrorm

Posted by Andrea Croci <an...@gmx.de>.
On 23.10.21 10:28, Marc wrote:
>> With over 1.4 billion devices now running Windows 10/11, customer
>> satisfaction is higher than any previous version of windows.
>>

> WTF WTF I @#$@#$@#$ hate windows 10. Customer statisfaction with Microsoft is 0
> https://www.reddit.com/r/aargh_Microsoft/

This is off topic, but I feel I have to contribute to it.

It was most certainly meant sarcastically: nobody can really be
satisfied with Microsoft (besides they are not actually customers, in
the sense that they don't choose to buy Windows: they are forced to live
with it).

RE: [users@httpd] Re: Choosing Windows platfrorm

Posted by Marc <Ma...@f1-outsourcing.eu>.