Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2007/08/02 15:32:47 UTC

Re: svn commit: r562078 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/manual/mod: mod_proxy_ajp.html.en mod_proxy_ajp.xml

On 8/2/07, pctony@apache.org <pc...@apache.org> wrote:

> -<?xml version="1.0"?>
> +<?xml version="1.0"?>

Windows editor magic?

Joshua.

Re: svn commit: r562078 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/manual/mod: mod_proxy_ajp.html.en mod_proxy_ajp.xml

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/2/07, Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com> wrote:
> Crikey,
>
> That has just confirmed it, I think I will move to doing all my edits on
> my linux box instead.  I always check, but those entries do not appear
> in my editor.
>
> However, it may also be Tortoise that is screwing them up.

It's probably the editor adding the UTF-8 byte-order-mark (BOM). (But
I'm really not an expert in this stuff.)

Joshua.

Re: svn commit: r562078 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/manual/mod: mod_proxy_ajp.html.en mod_proxy_ajp.xml

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.

> I was doing that and found out that vim now handles BOM automatically
> in a very annoying way.  The only way to set rid of it is to
>
>    :set nobomb
>
> and then save the file.

Ok, I will give that a try.  But vim/gvim/cream/a.n.other editor are not
showing any abnormalities.

But I will set that in vimrc

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
Thumbs,

Thanks, I have just looked at Cream (cream.sourceforge.net) which comes
with Vim. Neither of these show any malformed characters, or the BOM.

I'll look at vim too then.

Tony

Posted by Francois Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
Tony,

I had great success with gvim for windows in the past, when I needed to
remove weird EOL characters. Perhaps you could give it a try.

On 8/2/07, Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com> wrote:

> André Malo wrote:
> [SNIP]
> >
> > Don't think so. The BOM (that's what it is) is usually inserted by an
> editor
> > (notepad, for example).
>
> Ok then, I was using editpad lite. Hmm. Let me see if a 'better' editor
> does the same, as doing it in Windows is more convenient when I am on
> the train.
>
> Tony
>

> > nd

Francois Gingras
(i): http://ccds.ca
(p): (514) 243-8233
(f): (514) 731-5834

Re: svn commit: r562078 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/docs/manual/mod: mod_proxy_ajp.html.en mod_proxy_ajp.xml

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
Crikey,

That has just confirmed it, I think I will move to doing all my edits on
my linux box instead.  I always check, but those entries do not appear
in my editor.

However, it may also be Tortoise that is screwing them up.

Sorry,
Tony