Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by wen hao <we...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/23 18:50:46 UTC

New to JaveEE

I'm new to Java EE.
I have downloaded the TomEE, and unzip it.
Do I need an apache server to run the TomEE?
What is my next move?
Is there any guide for beginner that has total of 0 experience using this
technology?

Re: New to JaveEE

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

we have some nice samples here http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/

but read some doc on jee is important too.

To dev if you are familiar with maven tomee-maven-plugin starts to be
really cool otherwise any IDE tomcat plugin should work fine.

About portability JEE makes all to ensure it. In practise some few detail
are making it difficult but really easy any migration from one server to
another one.

- Romain

Re: New to JaveEE

Re: New to JaveEE

Posted by wen hao <we...@gmail.com>.
In the mean while, I have been google-ing about other method of setting up
the tomee as well..~
now trying with this source:
http://lorands.com/2010/11/debuging-openejbs-tomee-with-eclipse-wtp/
hopefully will work for me..~
will look into the movie fun.

Can i develop JaveEE using Glashfish in Netbeans and change to Tomee in
Eclipse or vice versa?

Re: New to JaveEE

Posted by zeeman <ha...@fastmail.us>.
You don't need apache, Tomee alone is enough.

JavaEE covers many areas (UI, persistence, dependency injection, etc...) so
you have to see which areas interest you. I suggest going through a good
JavaEE book.

If you just want to see how things work, search for a javaEE example like
movie fun. Follow instructions to deploy it to Tomee. It should be a matter
of building the example war with Maven and them copying the war to
Tomee/webapps folder. Start tomee. You can access the war at
localhost:8080/warFileName.