Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Natasha Sachdeva - Customer Engineering <na...@scot.canada.sun.com> on 2000/08/15 16:59:51 UTC

could not find xdocs directory

   I downloaded the latest version of Xalan (1.2.D01) and tried to build
it. However, it seems as if the xdocs directory is not present in my
Xalan root directory.
I also searched for the file that is supposed to be in the xdocs
directory (xml-site-style.tar.gz), however that is not located anywhere
in the distribution.
I can build Xalan if I comment those lines out of the build.xml file,
however the command: sh build.sh samples will not run - I get an error
and when I try to compile one of the samples I get the following error.
 javac SimpleTransform.java
SimpleTransform.java:58: Class org.xml.sax.SAXException not found in
import.
import org.xml.sax.SAXException;
       ^
SimpleTransform.java:59: Class
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory not found in import.
import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory;
       ^
SimpleTransform.java:60: Class org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource not
found in import.
import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTInputSource;
       ^
SimpleTransform.java:61: Class org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTResultTarget
not found in import.
import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTResultTarget;
       ^
SimpleTransform.java:62: Class org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor not
found in import.
import org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessor;

Do you know can be done about this?
Thanks.
Natasha

Natasha Sachdeva                Natasha.Sachdeva@canada.sun.com
Americas Customer Engineering   905.513.4815
Sun Microsystems of Canada Inc. 1.800.363.6200 (ext. 79815)