Posted to users@camel.apache.org by tnk <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/11 15:11:03 UTC

camel-sftp polling and file listing

Hi,
I am using camel-ftp to download files from remote sftp server, using
idempotency (file), polling every 5 minutes, receiving max 50 files per poll
and disconnecting after each polling.
The problem is, that getting file list from sft server causes to high sftp
server load (there are a lot of files in folder). Is there any way to avoid
full directory listing and for example, to list only files modified in the
last 10 minutes? Renaming or deleting files is not an option...

Re: camel-sftp polling and file listing

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM, tnk <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using camel-ftp to download files from remote sftp server, using
> idempotency (file), polling every 5 minutes, receiving max 50 files per poll
> and disconnecting after each polling.
> The problem is, that getting file list from sft server causes to high sftp
> server load (there are a lot of files in folder). Is there any way to avoid
> full directory listing and for example, to list only files modified in the
> last 10 minutes? Renaming or deleting files is not an option...

No I dont think so, as there is no API to ask the list command to
filter by some predicate, such as name | timestamp etc.

You are of course welcome to check the sftp library in use.

Its this JSCH library camel-ftp uses for sftp
http://www.jcraft.com/jsch/

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com