Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 17:12:09 UTC

Re: hits count

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 5:40 PM, Odelya YomTov-Glick <od...@jpost.com> wrote:
>  I entered http://blogs.sun.com/
>  And saw that they have popular blogs by hits.
>  What is the function for it? Is there a possibility to get it per blog?
>  What function will get the most popular entry by hits?
>  I didn't find any documentation for it.

Check the Template Guide and look for the SiteModel, known as $site
within templates.

I believe it has the methods you need.

- Dave

Re: hits count

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Odelya YomTov-Glick <od...@jpost.com> wrote:
> Well, I saw a method to get his per blog, but if I want hits per entry?
>  And how do I get the most popular, by the method getHotWeblog?

Unfortunately, we don't provide any methods to get the most popular
entries based on hits. We do count hits per entry in the referrer
system, but we don't make that information available anywhere and,
like the rest of the referrer information, we clear the counts every
night.

- Dave

RE: hits count

Posted by Odelya YomTov-Glick <od...@jpost.com>.
Well, I saw a method to get his per blog, but if I want hits per entry?
And how do I get the most popular, by the method getHotWeblog?

Thanks
Odelya

>  And saw that they have popular blogs by hits.
>  What is the function for it? Is there a possibility to get it per blog?
>  What function will get the most popular entry by hits?
>  I didn't find any documentation for it.

Check the Template Guide and look for the SiteModel, known as $site
within templates.

I believe it has the methods you need.

- Dave

********