Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by "Jim foo.bar" <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/11 13:07:24 UTC

can someone PLEASE explain the PriorOutcome feature generator?

I've asked a couple of times before but I got no answer! Jorn replied to
me at some point but his response was very brief and confused me even more!

I'm begging you!!! I'm writing a paper for BMC bioinformatics and I
cannot explain this feature properly! I'm struggling to find information
on the web...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, devote 5 minutes to explain what this feature
does and how it works. An example would be awesome...

thanks in advance...

Jim

Re: can someone PLEASE explain the PriorOutcome feature generator?

Posted by "Jim foo.bar" <ji...@gmail.com>.
I found this answer of Jorn's to someone else but I still do not
understand how the

*OutcomePriorFeatureGenerator*is used!!!

TokenFeatureGenerator:
+ lower cased token, with a window of 2

A window of two means that the feature is generated
for two previous and two next words also.

TokenClassFeatureGenerator:
+ token class (that contains things like first letter is capital)
+ token class combined the the lower cased token

Both featurs are generated with a window length of 2

PreviousMapFeatureGenerator:
+ previous decision features, if the word has been seen before
     in the document

BigramNameFeatureGenerator:
+ token bigram feature, with previous word
+ token bigram feature with previous token class
+ token bigram feature with next word
+ token bigram feature with next token class

SentenceFeatureGenerator
+ Sentence begin feature
*
OutcomePriorFeatureGenerator
+ always generates a default feature -> what does that mean???

*
Jim*
*

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
The numbers depend on your training data. The outcomes in the name
finder are start, cont, and other.
Depending on how you train they might contain the type e.g.
start-person, cont-person, other.

We are speaking here about the outcomes used for the classifier which
the name finder uses to predict
which tokens belong to an entity or not.

Jörn

Posted by "Jim - FooBar();" <ji...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.