Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org> on 2003/01/08 02:06:07 UTC

[resources]&new dependant [discovery] build problems.

In trying to build resources, I was unable
to build it because the discovery junit tests failed
on the jelly-plugin.
I tried building discovery using both the
commons-discovery maven build, and the
commons maven build.

It appears my top level build.properties for
commons is current, but then again that is only used
for direct ant builds ?!?

If others can build discovery then I'll continue
to root around in my build environment until I find
the problem.

-Rob

Re: [resources]&new dependant [discovery] build problems.

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
"Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote on 08/01/2003 01:49:29
PM:
> On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Robert Leland wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:06:07 -0500
> > From: Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>
> > To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: [resources]&new dependant [discovery] build problems.
> >
> > In trying to build resources, I was unable
> > to build it because the discovery junit tests failed
> > on the jelly-plugin.
> > I tried building discovery using both the
> > commons-discovery maven build, and the
> > commons maven build.
> >

> I can build discover just fine with "ant clean dist test.discovery".
>
> Maybe the problem has to do with some refactoring going on in Jelly at
the
> moment?  The Jelly tag libs were getting factored out of the core Jelly
> directory, so any external references to them might have gotten messed
up.
Nope. That's not it. I just checked it out, and it appears to be related
to classloader changes in Maven loading resources.

I'll see if I can nail it down further.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au

Re: [resources]&new dependant [discovery] build problems.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Robert Leland wrote:

> Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 20:06:07 -0500
> From: Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: [resources]&new dependant [discovery] build problems.
>
> In trying to build resources, I was unable
> to build it because the discovery junit tests failed
> on the jelly-plugin.
> I tried building discovery using both the
> commons-discovery maven build, and the
> commons maven build.

I can build discover just fine with "ant clean dist test.discovery".

Maybe the problem has to do with some refactoring going on in Jelly at the
moment?  The Jelly tag libs were getting factored out of the core Jelly
directory, so any external references to them might have gotten messed up.

> It appears my top level build.properties for
> commons is current, but then again that is only used
> for direct ant builds ?!?
>
> If others can build discovery then I'll continue
> to root around in my build environment until I find
> the problem.
>
> -Rob

Craig