Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mapo <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2008/12/05 20:53:02 UTC

Does maven plugin configuration skip option is managed by the plugin?

Hi,
   I would like to use the proguard plugin and be able to run it only at
night using a property.
For example: mvn install -Dskip.proguard=false
And by default it won't do it. That will speed up our build time.
I try this :

<properties>
   <skip.proguard>true</skip.proguard>
</properties>
. . .
   <plugin>
      <groupId>com.pyx4me</groupId>
      <artifactId>proguard-maven-plugin</artifactId>
. . .
      <configuration>
         <skip>${skip.proguard}</skip>

But it does not work.

How can I solve that problem? Who can I ask to fix it?
How come this option is not manage by the maven framework? I believe it
would simplify things...

Thanks

Re: Does maven plugin configuration skip option is managed by the plugin?

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
On the other hand, you can create a profile, which includes this
plugin. This way you can solve the skipping part from your pom,
instead of the plugin.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk
~Java Developer~