Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jaime Fernández <jj...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/14 13:24:42 UTC

Eclipse plugin for ServiceMix

I've installed the plugin referenced in the "Apache ServiceMix in Eclipse"
article (
http://www.fiveclouds.com/articles/2006/01/24/apache-servicemix-in-eclipse)
but it doesn't show "Registered JBI Components" in the preferences. However
I can add a ServiceMix server, so the plugin is correctly installed.
What's the problem?

Apart from that, I've downloaded the source code in order to compile the
plugin eclipse as referenced on "http://www.servicemix.org/Eclipse+plugin"
but I think it doesn't have anything to do with the other plugin and it's
unimplemented.

Re: Eclipse plugin for ServiceMix

Posted by Philip Dodds <ph...@gmail.com>.
The packaging of the plugin for the 3.0-SNAPSHOT from SVN itsn't good
because the Ecipse-plugin-plugin only generates the stuff to allow you to
run it within eclipse as a project,  it doesn't package it fully into the
jar for final deployment.  I'm hoping to get to a point when I can complete
the maven plugins so that they can be used to generate a JAR.  However in
the meantime I believe you can use the plugin to generate a MANIFEST.MF open
the project in Eclipse then use Eclipse itself to generate the JAR for the
plugin,  this will use the MANIFEST.MF generated by the Maven plugin to get
the dependencies.

I will try and get some time to complete the circle on the Maven JBI plugin
so that it can do the packaging of the plugin as well.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philip Dodds <ph...@gmail.com>.
The plugin snapshot that was available on fiveclouds only allows you to add
servers it doesn't include the graphical deployment capabliity.  In order to