Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "K.C. Baltz" <kc...@lollimail.com> on 2003/07/24 20:44:37 UTC

[Cache] What's the status of Cache? Any production-quality alternatives

What's the status of the Cache project in the Sandbox?  It appears to be
fairly out of date as the JUnit tests are still using assert() (instead
of assertTrue()).  Is there an alternative that is more ready for primetime?

K.C.

Re: [Cache] What's the status of Cache? Any production-quality alternatives

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <mh...@alumni.pitt.edu>.
I've created my own simple cache in a few instances, using
org.apache.commons.collections.ReferenceMap (from commons-collections)
underneath to control how cache objects are reclaimed.

You may also want to take a look at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.SoftReferenceObjectPool (from commons-pool).