Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com> on 2006/02/13 17:01:57 UTC

[tools] javac.exe

We need one.

I assume we'd want to do something like the launcher that invokes the VM
and then just executes the eclipse compiler.  However, now that I've
typed this, it sounds awfully slow....  I guess we'll see.  Would be
nice to have something....

Volunteers or comments?

geir

Re: [tools] javac.exe

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 11:44:46AM -0500, Geir Magnusson Jr wrote:
>>
>> Dalibor Topic wrote:

>>> I am not sure what the status is wrt to including EPLd/CPLd components.
>>> Can we distribute them? Depend on them?
>> We can depend on them, and I'm confident that Real Soon Now it will be
>> clear that we can distribute.  If we can't distribute, we're need to do
>> as you suggest below....
>>

> cool. Thanks for helping get all that legalese woodwork worked out, and
> out of the way. :)

It's not me.  Cliff is sorting out general ASF policy on this.  I've
always thought that EPL, CPL and CDDL are just peachy, and he's just
making it official.

geir

Re: [tools] javac.exe

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.

Re: [tools] javac.exe

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Re: [tools] javac.exe

Posted by Dalibor Topic <ro...@kaffe.org>.

Re: [tools] javac.exe

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
Sounds good to me -- IMHO all our tools should be predominantly written
in Java, with cookie-cutter custom launchers.

Regards,
Tim

--

Tim Ellison (t.p.ellison@gmail.com)