Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sudip shrestha <su...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/01 18:52:37 UTC

Performance of different Tomcat Releases

I would like to know if there is significant performance improvement
from 5.0.x to 5.5.x.  Is there some sort of relative performance study
done by anybody?

Re: Performance of different Tomcat Releases

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
look here

http://cvs.apache.org/~woolfel/tc_results.html
http://cvs.apache.org/~woolfel/benchmark_summary.doc

peter

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 11:52:37AM -0600, sudip shrestha wrote:
: I would like to know if there is significant performance improvement
: from 5.0.x to 5.5.x.  Is there some sort of relative performance study
: done by anybody?

Tomcat 5.5 is supposed to include several performance enhancements, and
you may also see a boost from running JDK 1.5.

That said, there are a lot of app-specific considerations here.  The
only way to be certain is to deploy your app under Tomcat 5.5 and find
out.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net