Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vinicius Caldeira Carvalho <vi...@squadra.com.br> on 2005/05/20 15:17:22 UTC

ActionErrors & ActionMessages bif problem

Hello there! I'm really, really confused with this. Being a struts user
for a quite some time, I must say, it's a great framework but its
warning system sux big time.
Here's my problem:

I have 2 types of errors in my system (general are displayed on top of
page, detailed in front of each property)

So this is a typical piece of code:

errors.add("org.struts.action.ERROR",new ActionMessage("general.error");
//this shall be displayed on top

errors.add("invalidUser", newActionMessage("user.invalid"));

saveErrors(errors,request);

so here's my jsp :

<logic:messagesPresent message="false"
property="org.apache.struts.action.ERROR">
property="org.apache.struts.action.ERROR" id="error">
       <bean:write name="error"/>
</logic:messagesPresent>

and then

Well this works for this case, but when my ValidtorForm puts messages to
the error stack they are not displayed.
So I cameup with this stupid idea :

the code in front of the text field remains the same. And now, I've got
the invalid username error displayed twice ...

I've got on a dead end. How can I combine ValidatorForm errors + my
custom errors messages?

This issue is causing a really big problem.

Best regards

Vinicius