Posted to user@ant.apache.org by prasad kumar <pr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/04/19 13:45:31 UTC

zip-included files

Hi,

  i have to zip the files ofter taking the build,for that one i have used like below

  <zip basedir="${dest1}" destfile="${dest1}\build_xxx\build_xxx.zip" includes="*.pdf,*.ear,*.xml,*.doc,*.properties,*.rtf" update="true" >
       <fileset dir="${sources-dir}" includes="xxx.properties"/>
    <fileset dir="${sources-dir}" includes="xxxx.xml"/>
    <zipfileset dir="${dest1}\build_xxx" includes="xxx.pdf" fullpath="${dest1}\build_xxx\xxxxx.pdf"/>
       <zipfileset dir="${dest1}\build_xxx" includes="xxxww.rtf" fullpath="${dest1}\build_xxx\zzzz.rtf"/>
       <fileset dir="${ear-dir}" includes="qqqq.ear"/>
  </zip>

  but my problem is the zip it is including only two files with 30 MB(ear,rtf files) capacity.i need to include all the files(pdf,properties,xml,ear,rtf ).

  (i think memory limitation is there to zip the files with ant)

  if anybody solve this problem with ant, that's a great appreciation.
  please give me immediate reply, i have been trying last two days.

  thanks,
  prasad kumar

---------------------------------

Re: zip-included files

Posted by prasad kumar <pr...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi,
  if iam using like below

  <zipfileset dir="${dest1}\build_xxx" includes="Reports-xxx.xml"  prefix="${dest1}\build_xxx\xxx.xml"/> it is zipping but it is not not including
  all the required files.

  if iam using
  <zipfileset src="${dest1}\build_xxx" includes="Reports-xxx.xml"  prefix="${dest1}\build_xxx\xxx-xxx"/> it is giving error as "problem opening xxxx.xml".

  (just i changed dir to src).

  i checked the folder properties,it is there in read only checked mode i changed to unchecked mode,but ofter some time if iam seeing folder properties it is in read only cheked mode.how can i get the ownership on that particular folder.iam using windows xp professional o/s.
  if i solve this,then

  if i use below code

  <zipfileset src="${dest1}\build_xxx" includes="Reports-xxx.xml"  prefix="${dest1}\build_xxx\xxx-xxx"/>

  it will zip all the required files what i mentioned in build.xml

Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:
  prasad kumar wrote:
> hi,
>
> no,it is allowing only one inside .

you shouldnt be allowed any copy inside a zip

> but my require ment is i need to copy ear file from the build dir to some other location folder and zip some other location folder files as well as this ear file of current build.for that one i have written below.it is zipping only ear,rtf files .
> zip is not including pdf,.properties,xml files.
>
> what i have wriiten ant script is correct i hope.

like I said, I think your fileset is wrong. consult the documentation on
fileset patterns, then run the build in -verbose

> please correct the script and give the reply with script if anybody knows.

This could be a good time to learn to use the build debuggers in
NetBeans and Eclipse.

---------------------------------

Re: zip-included files

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Re: zip-included files

Posted by prasad kumar <pr...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi,

  prasad kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have to zip the files ofter taking the build,for that one i have used like below
>

> but my problem is the zip it is including only two files with 30 MB(ear,rtf files) capacity.i need to include all the files(pdf,properties,xml,ear,rtf ).
>
> (i think memory limitation is there to zip the files with ant)

No, I think the filesets are probably wrong. Ant will handle anything up
to and possibly beyond 4GB. Why not use to get stuff into the
place/position you want it, so you can see at a glance which things work
and which don't. then zip everything up in one go.

---------------------------------

Re: zip-included files

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
prasad kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   i have to zip the files ofter taking the build,for that one i have used like below
>
>   <zip basedir="${dest1}" destfile="${dest1}\build_xxx\build_xxx.zip" includes="*.pdf,*.ear,*.xml,*.doc,*.properties,*.rtf" update="true" >
>        <fileset dir="${sources-dir}" includes="xxx.properties"/>
>     <fileset dir="${sources-dir}" includes="xxxx.xml"/>
>     <zipfileset dir="${dest1}\build_xxx" includes="xxx.pdf" fullpath="${dest1}\build_xxx\xxxxx.pdf"/>
>        <zipfileset dir="${dest1}\build_xxx" includes="xxxww.rtf" fullpath="${dest1}\build_xxx\zzzz.rtf"/>
>        <fileset dir="${ear-dir}" includes="qqqq.ear"/>
>   </zip>
>

>   but my problem is the zip it is including only two files with 30 MB(ear,rtf files) capacity.i need to include all the files(pdf,properties,xml,ear,rtf ).
>
>   (i think memory limitation is there to zip the files with ant)

No, I think the filesets are probably wrong. Ant will handle anything up
to and possibly beyond 4GB. Why not use <copy> to get stuff into the