Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "SuichII, Christopher" <Ch...@netapp.com> on 2013/06/18 14:18:16 UTC

UI Plugin Internationalization

I've got some ideas on how to implement a system for allowing ui plugins to contribute internationalized strings to the ui dictionary, but I'd like to run things by a committer. Is there someone(s) who would like to talk offline (or keep replying here) about this feature?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: UI Plugin Internationalization

Posted by "SuichII, Christopher" <Ch...@netapp.com>.
Brian (and all),

I've come back to looking into this feature and want to discuss it a bit more. I like the idea of putting each plugins dictionary into it's own namespace, but that may make utilizing it a bit more difficult. Currently, strings are automagically localized through the _l() function, but this only looks in the global 'dictionary' variable. It seems that our options here would be to then look into each plugin's dictionary if lookup there fails or require that plugins look up their own messages themselves.

With this in mind, do we still like the idea of keeping plugin dictionaries in their own namespace or is putting them into the global dictionary more tempting?

-Chris

Posted by Pranav Saxena <pr...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.