Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2022/06/06 10:14:47 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release activemq-nms-api 1.8.1-rc2

Website still needs to be updated and the release announced..

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
I see. Presumably the '?' at the end is making Windows barf on the
file, whereas its fine on the other OS folks are using to work on
them. I vaguely recalled there was some javadoc files a few years back
that were doing similar, I removed those but didnt know of these ones:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/h69d93ls3vwgf695wszty2lbmcclfzpc

No other release content has these particular '?<etc>' named files
besides 1.5.0 and 2.7.0. The same-base-named files also exist without
the suffixes though, just as they do in all the other releases.
Perhaps a bug in the particular generator used when publishing those
releases. I deleted these 'extra' files locally and couldn't discern
any issues in trying the docs out, plus decided that as they are
pretty/very old releases now it doesnt especially matter anyway if we
did affect their display in some way at this point.

Deleted and pushed, so you can try again now.

Some of these files appear to have been there for ~6 years. It's very
unlikely those who dont develop on Windows will ever spot such things,
especially if those that want to aren't fixing or noting them across
such vast timeframes.

Robbie

Posted by Havret <h4...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.