Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/06 11:08:31 UTC

load balancer for solr

Hi,

I have around billions of document(in future, it should be trillion), I am
solr and  developer. But dont have good understanding about server, load
balancing.

I am going to start about this kind of big document search application. I am
looking for any good open source  load balancer which can i used in my
requirement for now.

Please sugguest load balancer name ?

One more suggestion, As per requirement, in every day i get millions of
records how i create sharding mechanism this kind of requirement, please
share you point

Thanks
Mugeesh

Re: load balancer for solr

Posted by Rallavagu <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shawn,

Curious, I suppose you have haproxy for Solr in Master/Slave
configuration? Thanks.

Re: load balancer for solr

Posted by John Bickerstaff <jo...@johnbickerstaff.com>.
So from a "load balancing" perspective, you may want to consider using
SolrCloud...  It was designed (as I understand it) to be able to handle
large loads, although to understand how it will work in your situation you
will have to test.

Re: load balancer for solr

Posted by Mugeesh Husain <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Shawn Heisey,Its seems impression, let me try it on POC.

Re: load balancer for solr

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.