Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dwightHugget <ja...@concentric.net> on 2003/04/01 21:43:12 UTC

Multiple Tomcat Instances

Can anyone point me to how to get this type of setup.
I want to have multiple instance of tomcat running on the same machine under
different ports, say 80, 8080, & 8888.
Would I achieve this if I setup an env variable called CATALINA_BASE as
described in the RUNNING.txt file ?

I have only one server box and want to have a production, development, and
experiment capability.

Finally, how can I run 2 different release of Tomcat ?
Say, I want to run 4.1.24 and 5 on the same machine.

--
Dwight Hugget

Re: Multiple Tomcat Instances

Posted by "Serges N. Zubkoff" <ma...@infa.ru>.
Hello dwightHugget,

d> Can anyone point me to how to get this type of setup.
d> I want to have multiple instance of tomcat running on the same machine under
d> different ports, say 80, 8080, & 8888.
d> Would I achieve this if I setup an env variable called CATALINA_BASE as
d> described in the RUNNING.txt file ?

d> I have only one server box and want to have a production, development, and
d> experiment capability.

d> Finally, how can I run 2 different release of Tomcat ?
d> Say, I want to run 4.1.24 and 5 on the same machine.

I think you could just add connectors on other ports in your
server.xml file.

I didn't try to run Tomcat 5 with tomcat 4, but I had Tomcat 3.3 and
Tomcat 4.0.3 running this way. I've just configured instances so that
they used different TCP ports.

--
Best regards,
 Serges                            mailto:madcreep@infa.ru