Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Vilius Šumskas <vi...@rivile.lt> on 2022/03/21 13:35:58 UTC

encoding passwords for JMS created accounts in Artemis

Hello,

we are using JMS commands in our code to dynamically create Artemis users as needed. This works fine, however I noticed that passwords for these users are not hashed or masked in artemis-users.properties file. Passwords of the users which were created via CLI are masked fine.

Is there a way to use some kind of hashing or should we look at completely different SecurityManager provider for production purposes?

We are using Artemis 2.20 with the default org.apache.activemq.artemis.spi.core.security.jaas.PropertiesLoginModule in the configuration.

--
   Best Regards,

    Vilius Šumskas
    Rivile
    IT manager
    +370 614 75713

RE: encoding passwords for JMS created accounts in Artemis

Posted by Vilius Šumskas <vi...@rivile.lt>.
Oh snap, I haven't noticed that parameter.

Thank you!

--
    Vilius

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.