Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by TriggerHappy <ki...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/21 00:07:40 UTC

No serializer for class ...

Hi,

Firstly, sorry that I'm a bit new to this all and the more info I read on
google the more confused I get.
I have a few java classes which are called from JSP pages - one in
particular - Engine.java which contains an arrayList of Input.java (which
acts like a bean) types.

When Engine.java is called, axis complains that:
AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: java.io.IOException: No serializer found for class
compositionEngine.Input in registry
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingDelegate@d4855d
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.io.IOException:
No serializer found for class compositionEngine.Input in registry
org.apache.axis.encoding.TypeMappingDelegate@d4855d

>From what I have read, I need to write a serializer and deserializer and add
them in a <typeMapping> in my deploy.wsdd file.  However, since I am not
exposing them as services, purely class files are being called, how can I
resolve this?

Thanks in advance for any help,
William