Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com> on 2013/07/01 14:40:28 UTC

Re: Open Office Spreadsheet Question...

At 00:03 01/07/2013 -0700, Aj Marshall wrote:
>I was just wondering if there is a way to lock the background color
>of a cell without locking the number in it. See, I'm using the
>spreadsheet as a points system and each week I have to move people
>around but what happens is I have to reformat a lot of the background colors.

You need to move the values in your spreadsheet whilst keeping the
background colours where they are?  That's easy if you use Paste Special.

o Copy the required cell(s).
o Go to Edit | Paste Special... (or right-click | Paste Special... or
Ctrl+Shift+V).
o In the Paste Special dialogue, remove the tick from "Paste all" if
necessary and then ensure that Text, Numbers, or whatever are ticked
and that Formats is *not* ticked.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Re: Open Office Spreadsheet Hangs

Posted by "Athanasios E. Samaras" <at...@gmail.com>.
Had the same with LibreOffice 4.0, the reason was that Java was for some
reason trying to acquire double the size of file in RAM, causing continuous
swaps. I have resolve it by adding more RAM.

Cheers
Sakis

Posted by Michael Collins <mc...@yahoo.com>.