Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Blaine Bergeson (bbergeson)" <bb...@micron.com> on 2019/01/04 00:39:10 UTC

Netbeans RCP branding

I am trying to brand my rcp app, but I can't get around a conflict.

I am using Netbeans 8.2, maven, and java 1.8 on Windows10.  First, I implemented the following to brand the app(have the version show next to the app name in the title bar) using project version property:  http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqVersionNumber.  Next, I tried using the wizard to add a layer.xml file to the branding module, but the layer file does not get created and no entry is added to the manifest file.  If I create the layer file manually, and add the entry to the manifest file I get an error that says the layer.xml file cannot be found.  I do see a warning on the nbm-branding folder that says:  Please note that some IDE features rely on non-filtered content only.  I am thinking this might be suggesting that turning on filtering and having a layer.xml file are not compatible.  Is there a way to have an layer.xml file AND use the filtering?

Thx Blaine