Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Amar Singh <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/27 20:13:56 UTC

Need some tutorials for Mapreduce written in Python

Hi Users,
I am new to big data world and was in process of reading some material of
writing mapreduce using Python.

Any links or pointers in that direction will be really helpful.

Re: Need some tutorials for Mapreduce written in Python

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Latest version of the document Sebastiano mentioned is available here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-mapreduce-client/hadoop-mapreduce-client-core/HadoopStreaming.html

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: Need some tutorials for Mapreduce written in Python

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andrew Ehrlich <an...@aehrlich.com>.

Posted by Andrew Ehrlich <an...@aehrlich.com>.

Posted by Andrew Ehrlich <an...@aehrlich.com>.

Posted by Andrew Ehrlich <an...@aehrlich.com>.

Posted by Amar Singh <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amar Singh <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amar Singh <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amar Singh <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sriram Balachander <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sriram Balachander <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sriram Balachander <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sriram Balachander <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by thejas prasad <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by thejas prasad <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by thejas prasad <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by thejas prasad <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amund Tveit <at...@gmail.com>.
Here is one:

Parallel Machine Learning for Hadoop/Mapreduce - A Python Example
http://atbrox.com/2010/02/08/parallel-machine-learning-for-hadoopmapreduce-a-python-example/

(disclaimer: I wrote it)

Best regards,
Amund Tveit

> Hi Users,
> I am new to big data world and was in process of reading some material of
> writing mapreduce using Python.
>
> Any links or pointers in that direction will be really helpful.

--
Amund Tveit
http://atbrox.com/ -  +47 416 26 572
twitter.com/atveit

Re: Need some tutorials for Mapreduce written in Python

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sebastiano Di Paola <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,
In order to use Python to write mapreduce jobs you need to use hadoop
streaming api.
So I will suggest start searching for it.
(here's a link although is for hadoop 1.x
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.2.1/streaming.html ) but it's a starting
point.
With streaming API you can use whatever language to write map/reduce jobs
provided they will expect to read data from stdin and write data to stdout.
Streaming api will do the magic for you ;-)
Hope it helps.
Seba

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amund Tveit <at...@gmail.com>.