Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/10 11:32:21 UTC

Re: License status of code from forum.openoffice.org without headers

Le 16/01/2016 à 22:43, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :
> Carl Marcum wrote:
>> On 01/15/2016 07:20 PM, Carl Marcum wrote:
>>> Can code like this be used as-is in an Apache project?
>>> [1] https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2520
>
> Your best option is probably to contact the author and ask him for permission to use under the Apache License 2 the code he posted in forum discussions. Failing that, it's hard to tell what license applies to that code due to the several infrastructure and policy changes over the last 8 years.
>
>> I forgot to mention I tried the "Policies and Terms of Use" link on the
>> main page that linked to [2] and got  404 page not found.
>> [2] http://www.openoffice.org/terms_of_use
>
> I think that page has moved to https://openoffice.apache.org/terms.html ; can somebody confirm it before we update the link in the Forum site footer, please?
Old topic but this should be updated.
Could someone having the karma for the AOO Forum update the link?
Thanks

Hagar

Re: License status of code from forum.openoffice.org without headers

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Andrea,

I took the redirection from
"https://www.openoffice.org/terms_of_use.html", but your observation is
right.

I will change the redirection to "https://openoffice.apache.org/terms.html"

Regards, Matthias

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.
Le 16/05/2017 à 23:05, Andrea Pescetti a écrit :
> Coming back to this (I mean, the redirection is correct as a solution, but I wonder why this target): isn't it better to redirect to
>
> https://openoffice.apache.org/terms.html
>
> as per original suggestion? The link is not supposed to explain the OpenOffice software license, but the terms of use of the website, so https://openoffice.apache.org/terms.html seems more appropriate than https://www.openoffice.org/license.html
+1.

Thanks Andrea for the logo, perfect!

Hagar

Re: License status of code from forum.openoffice.org without headers

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 15/05/2017 Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Until the link is fixed I activated the redirection.

This is a bit problematic since it will likely require administrative
application access, which I don't have (I can of course obtain it
through command-line access, but since there is a workaround we won't
need it).

> I would also like to see the ASF logo updated in the forums...

Now fixed at, e.g., https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/ bottom left.
Those with access can see the relevant commits here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/infrastructure/trunk/machines/vms/ooo-forums.apache.org/

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: License status of code from forum.openoffice.org without headers

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Posted by Hagar Delest <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.