Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de> on 2008/02/19 19:32:31 UTC

Re: [WRONG PLACE TO ASK THIS] WHM/Cpanel: Where are the Server-wide SpamAssassin settings?

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 14:58 +0000, Justin Mason wrote:
> Rubin Bennett writes:
> > P.S.:  List Admins: Is there a way to toss Nabble postings
> > automatically?  They annoy the hell out of me, and I suspect I'm not
> > alone :)
>
> Actually, Nabble posting is fine.  Please avoid setting list
> policy without being invited to do so ;)

You sure about that?

They don't understand the very basics of email. They just managed
*again* to send the very same Message-Id *twice*. Yeah, the Nabble folks
really know what they are doing, don't they?

FWIW, still waiting for a reply from their support, regarding the
previous such issue yesterday. So much for "You will find us very
responsive."

  guenther

Re: [WRONG PLACE TO ASK THIS] WHM/Cpanel: Where are the Server-wide SpamAssassin settings?

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 18:59 -0800, Shanx wrote:
> Karsten Bräckelmann wrote:

That name's fine. :)

> > Did you by any chance "edit" your post?
>
> No, I clicked the Resend button. Not Nabble's fault. The SA mailing list
> says on its page that posting from Nabble without registering for the list
> is fine. But it's not. I need to register, then I can use the Nabble
> interface. So I registered and then posted the message again. If there's a
> fault, it's mine (based on the confusing info on the SA list page), not
> Nabble's.

I see.  So the first post has been moderated or just let through without
subscription, and you actually did not need to subscribe and resend.
Dunno. The web page may need updating then.

> Anyway, any helpful advice on the problem I'm facing with SA? It's not
> reading my local.cf settings. How can I change that behavior? I am on CentOS
> if that helps. Thanks for any pointers!

I'm sorry, not by me. I have never used CPanel, and am not familiar with
the setup nor the options available.

The only hint I might possibly provide is the general "did you restart
the service", if you're running any, after changing settings?

  guenther

Re: [WRONG PLACE TO ASK THIS] WHM/Cpanel: Where are the Server-wide SpamAssassin settings?

Posted by Shanx <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karsten Bräckelmann <gu...@rudersport.de>.
On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 16:48 -0800, Shanx wrote:
> Karsten Bräckelmann-2 wrote:

Ye flippin gods, my "Nabble name" for this email address.  Damn, why
don't they just accept that my real name does not have any number in it?

> > They don't understand the very basics of email. They just managed
> > *again* to send the very same Message-Id *twice*. Yeah, the Nabble folks

FWIW, an issue I am currently discussing with the Nabble folks. And so
far, they seem to listen. We'll see, how this goes. OT anyway.

> Anyway, my note was posted twice not by Nabble but my the mailing list.

This is NOT true.

Please don't claim something like this, if you didn't check the facts.
While the Message-Id is identical, both the *MUA* generated Date header
as well as the first Nabble internal Received header DO show DIFFERENT
dates.

Posted by Shanx <sh...@gmail.com>.

Karsten Bräckelmann-2 wrote:

> You sure about that?
>
> They don't understand the very basics of email. They just managed
> *again* to send the very same Message-Id *twice*. Yeah, the Nabble folks

I am subscribed to this list. Perhaps whoever manages the SA list page
(http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/MailingLists) may want to update the
information that states unequivocally that Nabble posting is alright.

Anyway, my note was posted twice not by Nabble but my the mailing list. Some
of us find Nabble VERY useful, and I absolutely love the interface that
allows me to subscribe only to specific threads instead of the whole barrage
of email full of useless responses.

Cheers.