Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Herder <dh...@triad-graphics.com> on 2001/07/11 23:10:38 UTC

compilation

Does anyone know of the configuration file that I will have to edit to allow
for the compilation of jsp's automatically when sent to Tomcat???? I know
there is one setting that is defaulted to "false" but I can't remember which
config file that it's in. I had changed this setting so that someone
couldn't automatically drop files into my root directory from "outside" and
execute them as webapps.

Anyway, I am getting the following error and I believe that the change that
I made to the above setting is involved.

C:\Tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fedocket\_0002fTMP_00034dbapzhtjx_0002ejspTMP
4dbapzhtjx_jsp_0.java:62: ')' expected.
                if (session.getValue(MM_AddressID !=null)
{Address__svAddress = (String)session.getValue(MM_AddressID;}
                                                         ^
C:\Tomcat\work\localhost_8080%2Fedocket\_0002fTMP_00034dbapzhtjx_0002ejspTMP
4dbapzhtjx_jsp_0.java:62: ')' expected.
                if (session.getValue(MM_AddressID !=null)
{Address__svAddress = (String)session.getValue(MM_AddressID;}

Regards,
dave

Re: compilation

Posted by "Ravishankar.S" <ra...@ibc.co.in>.
> >dear david,
                        the file to edit is "server.xml" look for </context
path> element and set reloadable to "true"

ravi

Re: compilation

Posted by Andreas Tirok <An...@beusen.de>.
Hi Greg,

Greg Trasuk wrote at Thursday 12 July 2001 06:32:
> Hi David:
>
> 	At the risk of sounding trite, I think the reason for the compile error is
> that you're missing a second ')' after "... != null) " in your JSP file,
> rather than a configuration issue.
I think David wanted to write:

        if ( session.getValue(MM_AddressID) != null)

	comapare return of function call against null

--

RE: compilation