Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com> on 2008/07/21 12:53:19 UTC

Merging the MTOM caching implementation branch with the trunk

Hi devs,

In order to add the caching stuff with callback we need more work as
discussed in [1]. So for the time being I implemented the stuff to cache
to a temporary file. User will provide the directory via axis2.xml using
the following parameter.

<parameter name="attachmentDIR"
locked="false">/path/to/the/caching/dir/</parameter>

Axis2/C will cached the file to that directory naming the file with
mime_id. If the directory is not specified the, file will be in
memory.Since the 1.5 release is over I would like to merge the branch to
the trunk. So the Axis2/C community can try this. WDYT ?

[1]http://marc.info/?l=axis-c-dev&m=121614152127628&w=2

Thanks,
-Manjula.

--
Manjula Peiris: http://manjula-peiris.blogspot.com/

Re: Merging the MTOM caching implementation branch with the trunk

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 15:37 +0500, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I understand that we needed chunking because we don't want the whole
> buffer to be in the memory at once. I'm not sure about the Apache web
> server but with IIS when we write the response we can write it several
> times.
>
> For example lets say we have the response in a file. We can read part
> of this file and write it. Then we can read the other part and write
> it. So chunking is not a must in this scenario. If there a way to do
> this in Apache server, we can get rid of this chunking requirement
> very easily.

With Apache2 it is not a problem. When we give the message as parts to
httpd it will automatically send them as chunk. Even some times when you
give the whole message as a one buffer httpd sends them via chunking. I
have already fixed the new stuff to work with Apache2.

Problem may be with some non Axis2/C clients which do not support HTTP
1.1 and some Axis2/C dependent projects like WSO2 WSF/RUBY. AFAIK Ruby
on Rails does not support HTTP chunking.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> [...]

> >         to merge the
> >         > >         branch to
> >         > >         the trunk. So the Axis2/C community can try this.
> >         WDYT ?
> >         > >
> >         > >
> >         [1]
> http://marc.info/?l=axis-c-dev&amp;amp;m=121614152127628&amp;amp;w=2
> >         > >
> >         > >
> >         > >         Thanks,
> >         > >         -Manjula.
> >         > >
> >         > >
> >         > >         --
> >         > >         Manjula Peiris:
> >         http://manjula-peiris.blogspot.com/
> >         > >
> >         > >
> >         > >

> >         > >         For additional commands, e-mail:

Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: Merging the MTOM caching implementation branch with the trunk

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manjula,

Does MTOM implementation work without chucked HTTP?

Supun..

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:58 PM, Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com> wrote:

> I have committed new MTOM handling code to the trunk. Please test and
> send your feedback.
>
> Thanks,
> -Manjula.
>

> On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 16:44 +0530, Manjula Peiris wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 16:08 +0500, Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
> > > Hi Manjula,
> > >
> > > What are the remaining things that need to be done? If these are small
> > > and if the current implementation is working I'm +1.
> >
> > I fixed it to work on windows as well. And we need to test Axis2/C
> > dependent projects like WSO2 WSF/PHP and ect. I think after merging we
> > can test those. We also need to do interop tests.
> >

> > > Supun..
> > >
> > > On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>
> > > wrote:
> > >         Hi devs,
> > >
> > >         In order to add the caching stuff with callback we need more
> > >         work as
> > >         discussed in [1]. So for the time being I implemented the
> > >         stuff to cache
> > >         to a temporary file. User will provide the directory via
> > >         axis2.xml using
> > >         the following parameter.
> > >
> > >         <parameter name="attachmentDIR"
> > >         locked="false">/path/to/the/caching/dir/</parameter>
> > >
> > >         Axis2/C will cached the file to that directory naming the file
> > >         with
> > >         mime_id. If the directory is not specified the, file will be
> > >         in
> > >         memory.Since the 1.5 release is over I would like to merge the
> > >         branch to
> > >         the trunk. So the Axis2/C community can try this. WDYT ?
> > >
> > >         [1]
> http://marc.info/?l=axis-c-dev&amp;m=121614152127628&amp;w=2
> > >

> > >         Thanks,
> > >         -Manjula.
> > >

> > >         --
> > >         Manjula Peiris: http://manjula-peiris.blogspot.com/

> > > --
> > > Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc

Re: Merging the MTOM caching implementation branch with the trunk

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manjula,