Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org> on 2021/07/01 22:38:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Dropping support for Ubuntu 16.04

I would like to open up discussion to drop support for Ubuntu 16.04 support for master, 9.0.x, and 9.1.x on our CI.  Ubuntu 16.04 is running clang 5 and there have been C++ code compatibility issues in maintaining it (e.g. array initialization).  I would like to know if anyone is running Ubuntu 16.04 with these releases/branches.

Thank you,

-Bryan

Re: [DISCUSS] Dropping support for Ubuntu 16.04

Posted by Masaori Koshiba <ma...@apache.org>.
Ubuntu 16.04 has been in Extended Security Maintenance (ESM) support phase
since May 2021. It requires Ubuntu Advantage or Ubuntu Pro subscription to
get support.

I'm +1 on dropping a Ubuntu LTS version support when their maintenance
updates support phase is over.

- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS transitions to Extended Security Maintenance (ESM)
https://ubuntu.com/blog/ubuntu-16-04-lts-transitions-to-extended-security-maintenance-esm

- Long term support and interim releases
https://ubuntu.com/about/release-cycle

— Masaori

Posted by Masaori Koshiba <ma...@apache.org>.