Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julien HENRY <he...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/01/29 11:28:36 UTC

War plugin dependencies resolution bug

Hi,

I'm using maven-war-plugin-2.0-beta-2, and I don't understand the dependency resolution mechanism:

Here is the first example:
<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>foo</groupId>
  <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>war</packaging>
  <dependencies>
      <dependency>
          <groupId>log4j</groupId>
          <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
          <version>1.2.12</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
          <groupId>log4j</groupId>
          <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
          <version>1.2.13</version>
      </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

Running mvn clean package, I get target/bar-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war, with the following content:
WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.12.jar
WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.13.jar

Second example:
<project>

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <groupId>foo</groupId>

  <artifactId>bar</artifactId>

  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

  <packaging>war</packaging>

  <dependencies>

      <dependency>

          <groupId>log4j</groupId>

          <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>

          <version>1.2.13</version>

      </dependency>

      <dependency>

          <groupId>log4j</groupId>

          <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>

          <version>1.2.12</version>

      </dependency>

  </dependencies>

</project>

Running mvn clean package, I get target/bar-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war, with the following content:

WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.13.jar

Perhaps the first case is a wanted feature, but for me it's a bug. If already reported on Jira, could you please give me the link.

Thanks

Julien

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com