Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com> on 2014/03/14 16:09:38 UTC

[ACS4.4] RE: Git Push Summary : 4.4 feature branch

Can time be given till PST EOD as many developers are also in this time zone?
If specific features are being pulled in to 4.4, we might as well cut branch a little later where approved merge queue is cleared.

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.
Fair enough, i’ll try to send a reminder for the next phases a bit earlier. Just wanted to make sure that people wouldn’t forget to put their merge requests in on time.

I’m trying to be a bit strict about the timing, we are already seeing the strain on the 4.3 release which isn’t even out there yet. Breaking master in such a bad way now is quite unfortunate, but actually not uncommon for us so close to a feature freeze. I’m willing to gamble that extending the feature freeze would have made it worse.

Again, anybody with a Merge request currently open on the ML has a fair point to merge the changes into the 4.4 branch as well as into master.

Cheers,

Hugo

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <hu...@trippaers.nl>.