Posted to users@ws.apache.org by LANTRES Franck <fr...@fr.renault-sport-f1.com> on 2003/11/05 14:08:50 UTC

Asynchronous call

Hi everybody,

I'm sorry if this problem has already been solved but I didn't find
answers to it. So here is my problem : I'm testing XUL and I would like
to use XML-RPC in it. I wrote a basic JavaScript function which calls
XML-RPC but an exception is raised as soon as my servlet returns a
result : Component returned failure code : 0x80470002
(NS_BASE_STREAM_CLOSED) [nsIScriptableInputStream.available]

Reading this error, I understand that the connection is closed and the
client cannot read the input stream. Does the problem comes from the
servlet, from the JavaScript ? Where can I find documentation about this
error ?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

Franck.

Find attached the Servlet.java file.
Here is the JavaScript functions I wrote/use :

function getClient()
{
	return Components.classes['@mozilla.org/xml-rpc/client;1']

.createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsIXmlRpcClient);
}

var xmlRpcClient;
function getXmlRpc()
{
	if (!xmlRpcClient) {
		xmlRpcClient = getClient();
	}

	return xmlRpcClient;
}

function parseResult(result)
{
	alert(result);
}

var xmlRpcListener = {
	onResult: function(client, ctxt, result) {
		//var tde =
result.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsISupportsCString);
		parseResult(result);
	},
	onFault: function(client, ctxt, result) {
		alert("Fault! " + fault + ">\n");
	},
	onError: function(client, ctxt, status, errorMsg) {
		alert("Error! <(" + status.toString(16) + ") " +
errorMsg + ">\n");
	}
};

function xmlrpc_call()
{
	[...]

	var ref_rpc = xmlrpc.createType(xmlrpc.STRING, {});
	ref_rpc.data = ref;
	var profile_rpc = xmlrpc.createType(xmlrpc.STRING, {});
	profile_rpc.data = profile;
	xmlrpc.asyncCall(xmlRpcListener, null, "sap.tableauExperts",
[ref_rpc, profile_rpc], 2); }