Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luca Ventura <ve...@libero.it> on 2002/06/07 14:38:16 UTC

Problems in redirecting requests from IIS to Tomcat 4

Hello everybody!

I have installed Internet Information Services (IIS) as Web Server  and
Apache Tomcat 4.0 as plug-in of IIS to support JSP-Servlets (to do this I
installed an ISAPI filter in IIS that redirects
all my JSP-servlet requests to Tomcat). All works fine when I am on
"localhost" but if I use
another domain for my Web Server (e.g: www.mydomain.com) I have the
following problem: when I try to connect to a site that must be redirected
to Tomcat 4 (because it contains JSP pages or servlets), IIS ask me a login
or a password to access to it. For example: i try to connect to the url
"http://www.mydomain.com/mysite" and "mysite" is a web application defined
in "webapps" folder of tomcat (the document folder is in
webapps\mysite\web-inf").

What can I do to avoid IIS asks me a password or a login? I want that all
users that connects to my site  are redirected to Tomcat without asking any
login and password....

I think the problem it isn't in Tomcat's configuration but in IIS's
configuration....but I can be wrong.

I hope someone can help me...thanks i advance!

             Luca