Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by the_biswa <bi...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/11 11:38:45 UTC

exposing http-endpoing as web service

Hi

I've an http-endpoing which expects a soap message and it processes it as
per the business needs and I've done that successfully. Now, requirement is
to expose the http-endpoint service as web service so that if anybody calls
the webservice with the soap request the soap request directly comes to the
http-endpoint and http-endpoint knows how to deal with that.

Is it possible? if possible then how to do that? any reference, tutorial is
keenly appreciated.

I'm using smx4.2

Re: exposing http-endpoing as web service

Posted by the_biswa <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB

You guess it correctly. My HTTP endpoint is a consumer (it gets incoming
SOAP
messages and process it in the marshaler)
Below is the xbean configuration of my HTTP endpoint
<http:consumer service="b:http"
                 endpoint="endpoint"
                 locationURI="http://0.0.0.0:8192/bridge/"
                 defaultMep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
                 targetService="b:srsfirst"
                 marshaler="#marshaler"/>
	 <bean id="marshaler" class="com.cts.abacus.HTTPMarshaler"/>

my http endpoint is exposed to http://localhost:8192/bridge/

All I need to do is to create a wsdl and give it to the client application
so that the client application calls the service with the request soap
message and my http-endpoint gets the soap message as a whole. Is it
feasible? if yes, then how?

Re: exposing http-endpoing as web service

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can take a look at cxf-wsdl-first example shipped with smx4.2 kit.
For processing the incoming soap message I perfer to use cxf bc.
You also can get some useful idea from cxf-wsdl-first example even you
wanna use http endpoint, just replace cxf bc consumer with http
consumer.

Freeman

--
Freeman Fang

Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: exposing http-endpoing as web service

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,