Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Novak <ja...@sheffieldave.com> on 2004/11/18 02:38:59 UTC

Question

I've upgraded to SpamAssassin 3.0.1 and, for the most part everything
seems to work ok...although there are consistently some spam messages
that still seem to get through.  All false negatives a run sa-learn to
learn.

My local.cf is configured as follows:

bayes_path /var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/bayes
bayes_min_spam_num 20
bayes_auto_learn 1
auto_whitelist_path /var/lib/nobody/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist

my mail log is as follows for a spam message:

Nov 17 15:49:37 chicago sendmail[5752]: iAHLnVO0005752: Milter add:
header: X-Virus-Status: Clean
Nov 17 15:49:37 chicago spamd[5376]: connection from localhost
[127.0.0.1] at port 48736
Nov 17 15:49:37 chicago spamd[5376]: checking message
<20...@lslxs.com> for (unknown):65534.
Nov 17 15:49:45 chicago spamd[5376]: clean message (2.9/5.0) for
(unknown):65534 in 7.8 seconds, 5987 bytes.
Nov 17 15:49:45 chicago spamd[5376]: result: .  2 -
BAYES_99,HTML_90_100,HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_02,HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY,RCVD_IN_SBL,SARE_MONEY
TERMS,SPF_HELO_PASS
scantime=7.8,size=5987,mid=<20...@lslxs.com>,bayes=1,autolearn=no

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Jason

Re: Question

Posted by Jason Novak <ja...@sheffieldave.com>.
Hi Martin,

I think I may have found the issue...It looks like these domains were
added in the auto-whitelist file which were probably decreasing the
score below the standard threshold of 5.  The extra rulesets you see are
actually coming from ruleemporium.com.(SARE).  That's why I was so
confused that these messages seem to be getting through.  Thank you
again for the suggestion.

Best Regards,

Jason

Re: Question