Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by David Goodenough <da...@btconnect.com> on 2008/05/12 15:03:42 UTC

Is anyone using OpenJPA with Glassfish?

I have found various instructions on how to use OpenJPA with Glassfish,
but they do not seem to work.  I get a ClassNotFoundException on
org.apache.openjpa.enhance.PersistenceCapable.

I have put the OpenJPA classes into the domains/domain1/lib directory
as suggested in:-

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ss141213/archive/2006/07/using_openjpa_a.html

I am using the v2ur1-b09d version of Glassfish, and an OpenJPA 1.1.0
snapshot of about 10 days ago.

The weblog above says to copy all of the lib directory, but another page
said only the commons*.jar, serp*.jar and the openjpa jar from the
directory below.  Obviously the instructions in the above link are wrong
in that they assume that the openjpa jar is in the lib directory.

So I guess what I need is up to date instructions.

The persistence.xml file is set up correctly, and the application works if
I statically link it together and fill in the things like the @EJB variable
and the @PersistenceContext object.

Any ideas?

David