Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Vadim Kimlaychuk <Va...@Elion.ee> on 2014/12/01 11:12:10 UTC

Cloudstack repos

Hello Dev-s

            I am looking closer to the CS development process and if possible wish to contribute. I have found there are at least 2 repos for CS. One, I suppose, is official : git://git.apache.org/cloudstack.git  another one is https://github.com/shapeblue/cloudstack.git
            Where does development take place? Are these 2 repos in sync with each other? Are there more repos where developers do their work? What is the purpose to have more of them ?

            Thanks for expaination,

Vadim Kimlaychuk

Re: Cloudstack repos

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 1, 2014, at 11:21 AM, Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> HI Vadim,
>
> first repo is official one, second repo is shapeblue's repo, since they
> also provide RPMs for convinience and with some patches...
>
> Anyway, you will go with official one.
> Cheers

If you want to work via github and submit pull request to upstream you can use the github mirror:

https://github.com/apache/cloudstack

This repo is a mirror of the official cloudstack git repo maintained by apache.

Re: Cloudstack repos

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
HI Vadim,

--