Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Eric MERY <em...@agreval.com> on 2004/07/05 14:36:37 UTC

Basic HTTP Authentifaction width TOMCAT

Hello,
I want to use HTTP authentification with TOMCAT (I work in xmlrpc with
PHP).
I've read the web page
http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/BasicAuthentication explaining the
mechanism with Jetty BUT I don't understand how to Configure the Xindice
XML-RPC Driver ? Which file should I modify ?
If you have tested basic authentification with Tomcat, can you please
help me ?
Thank you.
Eric

Re: Basic HTTP Authentifaction width TOMCAT

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Eric MERY wrote:

>Hello,
>I want to use HTTP authentification with TOMCAT (I work in xmlrpc with
>PHP).
>I've read the web page
>http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/BasicAuthentication explaining the
>mechanism with Jetty BUT I don't understand how to Configure the Xindice
>XML-RPC Driver ? Which file should I modify ?

This last chapter has nothing to do with Tomcat (server), because it is
*client* configuration. Client has to know to use basic auth, as well as
client should supply username and password. The page [1] shows what to
do to use basic auth from the Java client. What client do you use? If
this is PHP, then you should somehow turn basic auth on in your PHP code.

Vadim

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xindice/BasicAuthentication