Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ashwin Tigdoli <as...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/13 18:31:55 UTC

Fwd: jmeter + hibernate issue

Hi,

Ours is a pure core java based application which uses Hibernate, the code is
up and running & is in LIVE for past 1yr now.
Want to understand the scalability limits of the product so performing some
load test on to that.

Just to give you my env details.

JAVA_HOME
%JAVA_HOME%C:\legion\jdk1.5.0_06

JMETER_HOME
C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\

 CLASSPATH
C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\lib\ext\ApacheJMeter_core.jar
;C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\lib\jorphan.jar ;C:\jakarta-
jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\lib\logkit-1.2.jar;C:\jakarta-
jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin\classes\bingo.load.test.hibernate.cfg.xml

 My C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin
Has classes folder which has 'bingo.load.test.hibernate.cfg ' file in it.

 Also JMeter properties file is attached for reference.
 I know it's a class path issue. But struggling to fix it.

 Getting the following error**

* 7391 08/13, 12:25:11 ERROR
.content.bingo.loadtest.HibernatePersistanceThread Could not persist change
to DB
org.hibernate.HibernateException: /bingo.load.test.hibernate.cfg.xml not
found
            at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.getConfigurationInputStream(
Configuration.java:1136)
            at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure (Configuration.java
:1160)
            at
net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.util.hibernate.HibernateSessionUtil.currentSession
(HibernateSessionUtil.java:45)
            at
net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.loadtest.HibernatePersistanceThread.persist(
HibernatePersistanceThread.java:113)
            at
net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.loadtest.HibernateUtil.setTest_Bingo_Subscription
(HibernateUtil.java:80)
            at
net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.messaging.client.jabber.JabberClientToServerMessenger.requestSubscription(
JabberClientToServerMessenger.java:371)
            at
net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.loadtest.SubscriptionThread.run(
SubscriptionThread.java:50)*
Ashwin.

Re: jmeter + hibernate issue

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 13/08/07, Ashwin Tigdoli <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ours is a pure core java based application which uses Hibernate, the code is
> up and running & is in LIVE for past 1yr now.
> Want to understand the scalability limits of the product so performing some
> load test on to that.
>
> Just to give you my env details.
>
> JAVA_HOME
> %JAVA_HOME%C:\legion\jdk1.5.0_06
>

> JMETER_HOME
> C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\
>
>  CLASSPATH
> C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\lib\ext\ApacheJMeter_core.jar
> ;C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\lib\jorphan.jar ;C:\jakarta-
> jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\lib\logkit-1.2.jar;C:\jakarta-
> jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin\classes\bingo.load.test.hibernate.cfg.xml

Classpath has no effect if -jar is used.

>  My C:\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\jakarta-jmeter-2.3RC3\bin
> Has classes folder which has 'bingo.load.test.hibernate.cfg ' file in it.
>
>  Also JMeter properties file is attached for reference.

Please don't attach files to mailing list postings.

>  I know it's a class path issue. But struggling to fix it.

I doubt that it's a JMeter classpath issue.

>  Getting the following error**
>
> * 7391 08/13, 12:25:11 ERROR
> .content.bingo.loadtest.HibernatePersistanceThread Could not persist change
> to DB
> org.hibernate.HibernateException: /bingo.load.test.hibernate.cfg.xml not
> found
>            at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.getConfigurationInputStream(
> Configuration.java:1136)
>            at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure (Configuration.java
> :1160)
>            at
> net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.util.hibernate.HibernateSessionUtil.currentSession
> (HibernateSessionUtil.java:45)
>            at
> net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.loadtest.HibernatePersistanceThread.persist(
> HibernatePersistanceThread.java:113)
>            at
> net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.loadtest.HibernateUtil.setTest_Bingo_Subscription
> (HibernateUtil.java:80)
>            at
> net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.messaging.client.jabber.JabberClientToServerMessenger.requestSubscription(
> JabberClientToServerMessenger.java:371)
>            at
> net.inspiredbroadcast.legion.content.bingo.loadtest.SubscriptionThread.run(
> SubscriptionThread.java:50)*

Unless you are somehow running Hibernate as part of JMeter, the JMeter
classpath is completely irrelevant.

I think you need to look at your application classpath settings.

Re: Fwd: jmeter + hibernate issue

Posted by Ashwin Tigdoli <as...@gmail.com>.
sorry its a typo error but both the file names are same. Its
bingo.load.test.hibernate.cfg.xml file. Any other help is appreciated.

Posted by Ronan Klyne <ro...@groupbc.com>.

Posted by Ashwin Tigdoli <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ronan Klyne <ro...@groupbc.com>.