Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Naggi Rao <na...@softhome.net> on 2001/05/08 19:39:35 UTC

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException

hello everyone.
I am sure that I have Xerces 1.3.1 in the classpath but I am getting a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on org/jdom/JDOMException
Any suggesstions ??
Would appreciate a bunch...

payload end *****
Desrializer: org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.ParameterSerializer@1fc4b8
Desrializer: org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.ParameterSerializer@294f62
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
        at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java:207)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:213)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:1265)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:1622)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
I do not believe that Xerces can throw this exception.  In any case, that class is not in xerces.jar.

Therefore, I still believe that some other parser is being used.  I've not used WebLogic, but the Apache SOAP installation instructions for WebLogic include the following:

If you run startWeblogic.cmd, then add following at the beginning of WEBLOGIC_CLASSPATH setting at line 74:

    path-to-xerces\xerces.jar;path-to-apache-soap\lib\soap.jar

If you run startWeblogic.sh, add the following to PRE_CLASSPATH setting at line 33:

    path-to-xerces/xerces.jar:path-to-apache-soap/lib/soap.jar
<<<<

If you have done this and are still getting the error, I would also suggest you check $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext for another parser.

Scott

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

> Naggi Rao wrote:
>
> hello everyone.
> I am sure that I have Xerces 1.3.1 in the classpath but I am getting a
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on org/jdom/JDOMException
> Any suggesstions ??
> Would appreciate a bunch...

It is perfectly possible that your JVM is picking up another XML
parser package BEFORE it looks at the classpath. For example, from
the "standard extensions" in
 JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext

In my case it was an old JAXP jar file that caused the trouble.
WBB