Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu> on 2015/10/03 04:21:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache AsterixDB 0.8.7-incubating (RC2)

Hi again everyone,

Please verify and vote on the first full Apache AsterixDB release!

The tag to be voted on is

asterix-0.8.7-incubating
commit : 6c5af8af7de6ac52fb411f4c3d4ddb045c29021e
link: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-asterixdb.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/asterix-0.8.7-incubating

The artifacts, md5s, and signatures are at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/asterixdb/asterix-0.8.7-incubating-source-release.zip
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/asterixdb/asterix-0.8.7-incubating-source-release.zip.asc
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/asterixdb/asterix-0.8.7-incubating-source-release.zip.md5
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/asterixdb/asterix-0.8.7-incubating-source-release.zip.sha1

MD5: 4a4b2671b2add6754972f7705ae90c78
SHA1: 789dfa780d0fe0e5e0928c2bd70963d96eaab4af

Additionally, a staged maven repository is available at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheasterix-1011/

The KEYS file containing the PGP keys used to sign the release can be found at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/asterixdb/KEYS

RAT was executed as part of Maven via the RAT maven plugin, as well as
manually, but it
excludes the following paths:

.*\.adm
.*\.aql
.*\.cleaned
.*\.csv
.*\.csv.cr
.*\.csv.crlf
.*\.csv.lf
.*\.ddl
.*\.dot
.*\.hcli
.*\.iml
.*\.json
.*\.out
.*\.plan
.*\.ps
.*\.scm
.*\.tbl
.*\.tbl\.big
.*\.tsv
.*\.txt
.*large_text
.*part-00000
.*part-00001

.*\.goutputstream-YQMB2V
.*02-fuzzy-select
.*LockRequestFile
.*hosts
.*id_rsa
.*known_hosts

.*bottle.py
.*geostats.js
.*jquery.autosize-min.js
.*jquery.min.js
.*rainbowvis.js
.*smoothie.js

These files either are either data for tests, procedurally generated,
or source files which come without a header mentioning their license,
but have an explicit reference in the LICENSE file.

The complete RAT report is available at:
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/westmann/b6ed4b25bea44adcd526/raw/be93ff0c1d13c2ce7c88a2b713ace130b5e7ef5f/gistfile1.txt

The vote is open for 72 hours, or until the necessary number of votes
(3 +1) has been reached.

Please vote
[ ] +1 release this package as Apache AsterixDB 0.8.7-incubating
[ ] 0 No strong feeling either way
[ ] -1 do not release this package because ...

Thanks!
- Ian

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache AsterixDB 0.8.7-incubating (RC2)

Posted by Heri Ramampiaro <he...@gmail.com>.
> [X] +1 release this package as Apache AsterixDB 0.8.7-incubating
> [  ] 0 No strong feeling either way
> [  ] -1 do not release this package because ...

(mvn) verified successfully.

Best,
-heri

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache AsterixDB 0.8.7-incubating (RC2)

Posted by Mike Carey <dt...@gmail.com>.
+1

Downloaded and unzipped and checked out LICENSE.txt, DISCLAIMER, NOTICE,
and README.md.  (For the latter - in the future - we should probably
point the web references to our Apache site info rather than the UC site
info.)

Cheers,
Mike