Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by euronymous <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/20 17:25:34 UTC

Remove Control Servlet in customized application

Hi list

we were looking around possibilities to remove the Control Servlet from a
customized application, in a way that the frontend will not contain in the
URL /control/.

Is there a way to do that directly in the application web.xml descriptor?
That's just a strange request of one of our customers...for us it is
definitely ok to leave it ;) But you all know that customer request must be
satisfied (as much as we can)...

We tried urlrewrite, without totally success. Using a rule like the
following one, we were able to filter the content generated from
response.encodeURL:

 <outbound-rule>
        <note>
            When response.encodeURL is called (RequestHandler.encodeURL)
            the url /control/something will be rewritten to /something.

            The above rule and this outbound-rule means that end users
should never see the
            url /control/something /something both in thier location bar and
in hyperlinks
            in your pages.
        </note>
        <from>^/control/(.*)$</from>
        <to>/$1</to>
    </outbound-rule>

Anyway we need also another rule to filter input...something like this (not
working):

 <rule>
        <note>
            Requests without /control/ will be silently rewritten.
        </note>

        <from>^/(.+)$</from>
        <to>/control/$1</to>
    </rule>

I've read that months ago Jaques was speaking on urlrewrite...
Is there someone that had our same necessity before?

Thanks list, thanks Ofbiz developers

Michele OrrĂ¹

Re: Remove Control Servlet in customized application

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Please use rather user ML for such questions, see why here :

Thanks

Jacques
PS: Did you consider to use Apache HTTPD mod_rewrite module rather ?

From: "euronymous" <mi...@gmail.com>